Baby Spinach, Tomato Pita Pizza

Trying to find a more healthy pizza for Todd and I, I came up with this recipe. It is much lower in carbs for us, which is needed for Todd's diabetes and me being border line diabetic. I hope you all enjoy!


Ingredients

  • Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce (4 tablespoons)
  • Crumbled Feta Cheese
  • Fresh Baby Spinach (washed)
  • Roma Tomato (washed)
  • Virgin Olive Oil with Basil
  • Crushed Garlic (1 tablespoon)
  • Low Carb Pita Bread

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Place on low carb pita bread on a cookie sheet.
  3. Lightly brush low carb pita bread virgin olive oil with basil and toast in the oven for 2 minutes.
  4. While low carb pita bread is in the oven mix the diced garlic and the Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce. Any pizza quick sauce will do, but I do recommend it being a quick sauce. Regular pizza sauce tends to be runny due to the fact that the low carb pita bread will be in the oven for a short amount of time.
  5. After low carb pita bread has been removed from the oven, top with the garlic pizza quick sauce.
  6. Top with baby spinach, sliced Roma tomatoes, and feta cheese.
  7. Bake for 8 minutes and then serve.

Occasionally I will add fresh sliced mushrooms as well. It's one of Todd's and my favorite pizzas and a much healthier version.


Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page

Comments