- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. (Here is one adjustment, Yummy has 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.)
- 8 ounce container of flavored cream cheese (If you want to lower the sodium avoid the low fat. I have noticed if the fat has been lowered, the sodium has increased.)
- 2 tbsp no salt butter (Another substitution, I replaced the butter with no salt butter.)
- 2 rolls thick and buttery crescent rolls
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- Cook chicken breasts until brown and test done. Remove from pan, in same pan, cook onions and garlic powder in 2 tbsp no salt butter until browned and tender. Shred chicken when cooled enough to handle. Add cream cheese, onions and garlic and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls and press two triangles together, forming a rectangle. Divide chicken mixture between the 6 crescent rectangles and top with cheese slice. Pull crescent rolls up around mixture, being careful not to get dough to thick at top… this will make it hard to get the dough cooked thoroughly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until dough is browned and done.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page