We live in a college city and tailgating is a very big thing here. I was very surprised to see that many adults who tailgate as well as students do not even go to the game. It's a huge social event where everyone joins together to drink and enjoy food, while all cheering for the same team. We like to cook special lunches during the football season, sort of our form of tailgating. One of our favorites so far is my meatball sub sandwich. It's fairly simple and everyone in the house (minus the younger two) enjoy them thoroughly.
- Italian Style Meatballs (You could make your own.)
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Brat Buns
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Inside the brat bun, lightly brush the virgin olive oil.
- Place buns on cookie sheet and in the oven for 2 minutes. Just enough time to toast.
- Heat the meatballs either in the oven or microwave according to the directions on the package.
- Once the meatballs are cooked then add to a pot with the spaghetti sauce. Heat the sauce and meatballs.
- When the sauce and meatballs are warm, spoon mixture into the brat bun. (5 meatballs per bun.)
- Place desired amount of mozzarella cheese on top of the sub sandwich.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page