Meatloaf

I have to tell everyone right from the start, I have some picky eaters. Now most kids are to some degree and the older two have broaden their taste buds as they have grown. My youngest has always enjoyed more then any of his brothers to start and that leaves my third child as my pickiest ever. He is doing better at least with a variety of meat now. He used to eat only ham and hot dogs, occasionally a chicken nugget. I have had to doctor up so to say some recipes just to have my boys eat them. Meatloaf is one of the meals I had to cook just a little differently. I follow the recipe except with the meat mixture I add 1/3 c ketchup. Here is my recipes boys for you to be able to enjoy when you are out on your own.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
  • 1/2 package of saltines crumbled.
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
  • Another 1/3 cup ketchup

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread and cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and 1/3 ketchup and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.


Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page

Comments