- 1 1/2 lbs of fresh oysters
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c of finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 qts of whole milk
- 1/2 qt of half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer celery in 4 T of butter until tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and oysters with their juice. Heat just until the oysters start to curl.
- Add milk and half and half.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat until warm, be careful not to scold the milk. Stir often.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page