Sugar Cookies

I will admit it, the past 4 years I cheat and buy Pillsbury Sugar Cookies. I just am more in a rush and make so many other candies at Christmas time that I have found I can save time by using the store bought cookies. I still put just as much love and I do put time into them as well. I also do not have room in my refrigerator to store a lot of cookie dough. However, when I did bake my sugar cookies from scratch this was my recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1 tsp cream of tarter
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups flour
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
Directions
  1. Cream the sugars and butter together.
  2. Mix the beaten eggs, vanilla and corn oil, in.
  3. Add the dry ingredients.
  4. Mix all the ingredients well and chill overnight.
  5. Next day roll your cookies out and cut with cookie cutters.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Sugar Cookie Icing

Ingredients

  • 2 cups of powdered sugar

  • 1 ½ T Milk

  • 1 tsp vanilla

Directions
  1. Mix ingredients in a bowl. If the frosting is too runny add a little more powder sugar. If the frosting is too think add a little more milk.
  2. Add food color if you wish to have colored frosting.
  3. Spread onto cookie and then decorate the cookie if you wish.



Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page

Comments