I will admit it, the past 4 years I cheat and buy Pillsbury Sugar Cookies. I just am more in a rush and make so many other candies at Christmas time that I have found I can save time by using the store bought cookies. I still put just as much love and I do put time into them as well. I also do not have room in my refrigerator to store a lot of cookie dough. However, when I did bake my sugar cookies from scratch this was my recipe.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Cream the sugars and butter together.
- Mix the beaten eggs, vanilla and corn oil, in.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients well and chill overnight.
- Next day roll your cookies out and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Sugar Cookie Icing
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 ½ T Milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. If the frosting is too runny add a little more powder sugar. If the frosting is too think add a little more milk.
- Add food color if you wish to have colored frosting.
- Spread onto cookie and then decorate the cookie if you wish.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page