- 12 oz corkscrew-shaped pasta
- 1/2 c milk
- 12 oz lean bacon
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 4 T chopped chives or scallion greens
- 5 heads Bibb lettuce, quartered, or 5 c chopped romaine hearts
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water as the label directs. Drain and toss with the milk in a large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp (I do not recommend turkey bacon for this. It just did not taste as good and I typically love turkey bacon.) Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 T drippings from the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, and garlic to the pan and toss until warmed through; season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon into bite-size pieces; set aside 1/4 c for garnish. Toss the remaining bacon and the tomato mixture with the pasta.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and 3 T chives with the pasta until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce; toss again to coat. Garnish with the reserved bacon and the remaining chives. Serve at room temperature.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page