4 lbs of apples (I used McIntosh Apples)
9 cups of water
4.5 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of cinnamon
- Core, Slice, and Peel Apples. I sprinkled a fruit saver on it. (Something to prevent browning)
- Add Water, and Sugar in a large pot stir well.
- Bring to a boil for about 1 minute stirring often to prevent the sugar burning.
- Add the Apples and Cinnamon and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Pack the apples (careful they are hot) into your prepared canning jar. (Prepared canning jars have been washed and sterilized and the jars are still hot while you are adding your canned goods.)
- After jars have been packed with the apples add the syrup with a ladle. Tap out any air bubbles. Fill to the top leaving only 1/2 inch head room.
- Place the lids and bands onto the jars after cleaning the edges of the jars.
- Place in a larger pot (canning pot) for a 20 minute water bath.
- Carefully remove the cans and place on a clean towel. Do not disturb for 12 hours. Test your cans to make sure the seal is properly done. To do this gently push the center of your lid. If you do not have a popping sound you are good. Also take the band off and lift at the lid slightly. If your lid is sealed then you are good to store. If the lid popped or comes off, you can repeat the water bath if it is less then 24 hours from the first one. Apples can be shelved up to one year.
CLick Here to go back to Recipe Home Page