- 2 Large Bell Peppers
- 8 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 8 oz of thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 6 oz portobello mushrooms
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Wash the Bell peppers and cut the stem off the top. Slice the pepper in half horizontally. Remove the seeds and inside parts of the pepper. Place the peppers with opening up in a baking dish.
- Dice onions.
- Slice the mushrooms
- While dicing onions in a frying pan add a pat of butter. Add diced onions and mushrooms.
- While sauteing the onions and mushrooms cut the sliced beef in long strips about a inch or half of inch in width.once they have caramelized. About 25 minutes.
- Add strips of sliced beef to pan and heat for 5-10 minutes
- Take one slice of provolone cheese and line the inside of each pepper.
- Next layer the sauteed onions, mushrooms, and beef on top of the cheese.
- Finally add another slice of provolone cheese on top of it all.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page