- 4 T of sugar (I substituted Splenda)
- 2 T butter (melted)
- 3 t salt
- 1 1/2 c of hot water
- 2 T of quick rising yeast
- 4-5 c of flour (enough for your dough not to be sticky)
- 1 egg white
- 1 T water
- Kosher salt
- Put all ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit for a few minutes.
- Once the mix is hot and bubbly, start to add flour slowly. If you have a mixer with bread dough hooks. If you do not have a blender with bread dough hooks, you can kneed the door on a lightly flour counter. Mix dough about 8-10 minutes, dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough and place it into another bowl which has been greased. Let the dough set to rise. Approximately 30 minutes. Dough should double in size.
- Punch down the dough then divide into half making two balls. Place the balls onto a greased cookie sheet. Cut decorative slits on top. Knife must be sharp. Let dough rise again.
- Brush on an egg white wash (egg white and 1 T water) on top of bread. Sprinkle the Kosher Salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes. Bake until golden brown and it should sound hollow when you thump the top of the bread.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page