- Fresh Tomato
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- Add the Balsamic Vinegar to a sauce pan and reduce over medium heat. You will need to keep your eye on this and stir often. It should reduce within 10 minutes but you do need to keep your eye on it or it can burn. Your reduction should be thick.
- While the Balsamic Vinegar is be reduced and in the beginning stages, wash tomato, then core and slice. I try to slice my tomatoes as thick as the mozzarella.
- Cut your fresh mozzarella. *Note: for convenience, I buy the tube kind which is pre-sliced. It makes it faster for our evening snack time also less work.
- Once reduction is done allow it to cool some. It will thicken while it is cooling.
- As the reduction is cooling layer your tomato and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the layers.
- Next drizzle your reduction.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page