Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Slow Cooker Revolution
(For the party, I doubled the recipe.)
- 1 pound of uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 2 cans of condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of shredded jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 1/2 cups of hot water (You could add 1/2 cup of hot water before serving if the consistency does not look right to you. Mine was just perfect.)
- 1 package of hot dogs
- Spray insert with non stick cooking spray.
- Add milk, soup, hot water and salt to crock pot insert and stir together. Only if your insert can fit into the microwave. If not then you will need to add this to a microwave safe bowl.
- Next you will need to heat the mixture in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully removed from the microwave and slowly add both shredded cheeses to mixture and whisk until melted.
- Next add uncooked pasta and mix well.
- Cut the hot dogs into pieces and add to the mixture and mix well.
- Cook on low for about 2 1/2 hours. Slinky Dog Pasta could possibly be thick, if so add 1/2 of a cup of very hot water after cooking and stir together to smooth out the sauce.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page