- 3 quarts of water
- 3 pounds of chicken breast with skin and bone
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cups of uncooked long brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 box of mushrooms, sliced
- In a large Dutch oven. stock pot or soup kettle, place water, chicken, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard skin and bones. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from broth; add chicken and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
Click Here to go back to Recipe Home Page